THE PRIMARY CARE UNIT AT TELLURIDE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER IS THE REGION’S ONLY 24-HOUR EMERGENCY CARE CENTER AND HAS A LEVEL III CERTIFICATION FROM THE NCQA.
For too long, their prior authorization responsibility was spread across the organization—operations managers, medical assistants and physicians alike handled PAs. It made for a disjointed and disorganized system that hurt the entire organization. They attempted to centralize the process by entrusting it to several tenured employees. When many of them left, Telluride had a serious problem.
THE PROBLEM AT TELLURIDE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER REFLECTS A NATIONAL PROBLEM.
The National Attitude Toward Prior Authorization, According to AMA:
- 86% of physicians are overburdened by PAs
- 91% of care professionals report that PAs lead to care delays, which adversely impacts patient care
Download this case study to read how DataFile:
- Took on this process—from beginning to end, including follow-ups
- Provided training to centralize and streamline the process
- Freed up Telluride’s internal resources to focus on core processes, like RCM
- Offers on-going support for nuanced payer requests
"DataFile solved the problem for us."
- Pam, Billing Manager of over 30 years